Amazon for cord cutters

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Great way to kill weeds and grass and keep your kids and pets safe!

A proven product for killing  weeds and grass without harming your kids or pets. Straight white vinegar. You can buy it at your local grocery store in a gallon size for a couple of bucks. I pour it into a spray bottle and spray it directly on the grasses springing up between my pavers in the backyard. As we have both a cat and a dog, I didn't want to use anything that could harm them.

  Vinegar will basically burn back the vegetation but does not destroy the roots. So I respray a couple of months down the road as needed. I found last summer, than I only had to spray a couple of times.

I also use straight vinegar instead of softener in my washing machine. It neutralizes the soap residue and the clothes come out of the washer smelling fresh. I noticed the inside of the fabric softener dispenser is pristine white from the vinegar so it must also help keep the inside plumbing of the washer cleaned out too! Of course, vinegar is a must for the coffee maker at removing any mineral deposits.

Did you know that vinegar can be used to remove chewing gum? That's handy when you have kids, lol Got a old presidential sticker on your car? Spray undiluted white vinegar on the decal and saturated it. Let it work for a few minutes, then gently scrap it off. Problem solved!

Clean your toilets with a cup of undiluted vinegar, let it soak for five minutes, swish and flush. Use a spray bottle to spray up above the water line and under the rim.

So many uses! Just "google" for lots more ways to use this most versatile and inexpensive product.

1 comment: